0 8 FEB 2017
DepEd Memo No. 17 s. 2017
ORIENTATION-TRAINING ON THE DRUG TESTING PROGRAM
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd), in support to the current administration’s thrusts against illegal drugs, is stepping up its efforts to implement various activities in line with its National Drug Education Program (NDEP). Among these is the planned drug testing of secondary students, elementary and secondary school teachers, and personnel from the central, regional, and schools division offices.
- In preparation of the actual drug testing, an Orientation-Training on the Drug Testing Program will be conducted in eight clusters on the following dates and target locations (specific venues to be announced later):
- The Orientation-Training aims to:
- provide awareness on the legal and regulatory aspect of drug testing;
- orient and train regional and schools division personnel on specimen collection and validity testing;
- discuss the initial assessment and intervention for students found to be positive;
- train participants on documentation and recording of drug testing process; and
- formulate action plan for the conduct of the random drug testing.
- The Orientation-Training will include two participants from each regional office (health coordinator, regional director or his authorized representative) and six participants from the schools division offices (schools division superintendent, medical officer, guidance counselor, two division nurses, and principal), ten facilitators/resource persons, and six secretariat personnel from the Central Office.
- Board and lodging of participants, secretariat, and facilitators/resource persons are chargeable to OSec-SCU-17-AC-003. Travel expenses of participants are chargeable to local funds, while travel expenses of the secretariat and facilitators/resource persons are chargeable to OSec Funds subject to usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Catherine C. Yumping
Office of the Secretary (OSec), 2nd Floor, Rizal Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 637-6208 or (02) 636-4995.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
- DRUG EDUCATION
- TRAINING PROGRAMS
Click here to download a full copy.